So what makes a highly successful Linkedin member? Here is what I have discovered as not only habits, but also “secrets” of the treasure chest on LinkedIn.
This is an encore post from 2009, do you think it is still just as relevant? I think so.
1. They invest their time strategically by putting fresh content on Linkedin when it’s the best time to do so. Let me explain, for me weekends are times to prepare Linkedin content, but as you will notice most collaboration does not take place on weekends. So hold the great Q/A’s, the awesome discussion topics, or the great status updates until Monday and never late Friday. Think about what your audience is doing and be strategic.
2. They use their status update to post something new every 24 to 48 hours and 80% of those updates include a link that gives a call to action. Such as signing up for your next webinar, promotions to visit your blog, or visiting your corporate website etc…
3. They answer target specific questions that are related to their target market. This is great exposure for your business that Linkedin Pros are doing everyday!
4. They change their Picture profile every two months. This creates dialogue and interaction with your network. This is another way to keep your brand in front of everyone. Pictures are worth a thousand _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank)
5. They answer every Linkedin email/inmail. Maybe not timely, but they never waste an opportunity!
6. They post their company events on the events application provided by Linkedin and use this as a way to measure interest and involvement for such things as conferences, webinars, or seminars. The events application has only been recently used by Linkedin Elite, but many are beginning to wise up to its amazing potential.
7. These highly successful members have identified their target markets on Linkedin, their goals on Linkedin, and are executing their plan every single work day. Social Media can be measured, but most don’t understand how to begin measuring their Social Media efforts because they have never identified their goals for using the Linkedin space. Once you have identified your goals then you can build a measurable matrix to anaylize your efforts.
I hope you enjoyed these highlights that will help in your LinkedIn efforts.
Do you have any LinkedIn habits you find effective? Let us know.
Randy Schrum is a 17 year Marketing and Sales Veteran, and in 2007 Randy became a widely followed and respected Social Media Expert servicing clients all over the world through his Social Media Agency, MyInspiredMedia. Delivering countless digital reports and courses on subjects ranging from Social Media Sales to Recruiting, Marketing, Business Development, and Brand Awareness.
Randy has written several how to marketing books on the subject of social media and has maintained a busy speaking schedule for companies, organizations, and conferences. While Randy is extremely successful and driven, his family is first in his life. With a beautiful wife and 6 children he stays grounded and focused on making a positive impact on his family first.